Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Faith or Fear?




"Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see."- Hebrews 11:1

Getting ready to go on this big of an adventure certainly has its ups and downs! I am so excited.. but this is a big big big jump. God asked me to, and so I have faith that He will catch me. This whole going to Africa for 7 months thing, is so beyond my comfort zone, I can't even see it anymore! Which is amazing, and I know it will produce HUGE growth in my life, to make me more like Jesus and to KNOW Him more! YAHOO! But it is so easy to let the enemy persuade me that things will be horrible.

These last couple weeks have been a battle with clear lines between the Truth and a lie. Truth is winning, but it is amazing to see the immense onslaught that the other side is putting up! Every time I begin to panic, I just fix my eyes upon Jesus. I go to the Word. I worship. And the peace of God that passes all understanding is right there. God is with me! "So do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

In Kid's Place a few months ago, we had a "compass point" that said "When fear starts to rise, refocus your eyes." I have learned that it is not the size of ME that matters, it is the size of MY GOD that matters. Because it is all by His power anyway!!! "'To whom then will you liken Me, or to whom shall I be equal?' says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things, who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; not one is missing. Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary, His understanding is unsearchable." Isaiah 40:25-26,28

There is SO much left to do this week, I can't believe it. But God is using this. It's the beginning of the whole learning to rely on Him for absolutely everything lesson I get to learn. And I am SO excited! I can't wait to go! I am learning to walk out that definition of faith from Hebrews: I am sure of what I hope for [God will catch me when I jump! And He will take me on a whilwind adventure with Him that will be beyond amazing!] and CERTAIN of what I do not see [God!!]. So I will leave you with this: "Know you what I love best about the story of David and Goliath? David had victory not because he fought well, but because he believed well." - Esther in One Night With the King.

4 comments:

Carissa said...

you're gonna do great!
love you forever! -Shrek AKA Caris AKA Greek Twin 1 AKA your buddy AKA the tall, lanky one! AKA Me!

Lindsey said...

Oh yes! it's the Doug Easterday analogy!!! :) i love you, and you are so Jumping in Faith! you can pray for me on this one too.... Loves, your sister: linds, lou, donkey, greek twin 2, murrey, and all those other lovely names i go by!

Lindsey said...

One more thought... Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Remember, God takes care of even the small creatures, how much more those made in His image? Love you girl, lou <><

Cassie said...

oh oh oh~

this has been a source of encouragement since Doug gave the message! hooray! love you jati