Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

week 5 - Update part Dos

Week 5: Part Dos (that's 2 in Spanish, FYI)

WOW. What a crazy week. Friday morning began, as usual, with our 5 am prayer meeting. We were then supposed to present our memory verse skits (the verse was Hebrews 4:12 and our group had an interpretive dance) well, let me back up a bit. We have been having some issues in our dorms... the guys more so though. Anywho, Friday morning began with a quest to "remove the sin from the camp" because a lot of $ have gone missing from several of the guy's bags... This all began with the hope that whoever it was would confess and we would move on. Instead... no one confessed, and still hasn't.. and we spent the entire day being interviewed and such. So we had no class... and no teaching on the father heart of God (sad) But.... all was not lost. I read the most AMAZING book, "The Only Road North" by Erik Mirandette (Yes, I read the whole thing Friday afternoon!) So good... so amazing. And God really challenged me as to what kind of life I wanted to live. Do I want comfort, security and stability? Or do I want to "live on the edge" trusting Him for everything? Well, I made my choice. "my future decided I will praise Your name..." It's all up to God. This life is no longer my own (Galatians 2:20) and WHEREVER He leads I will follow, regardless of my own comfort. "Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause.."


Saturday the boys and Penny and I went to town. I bought some fake Tevas.. that are amazingly comfy. The boys all got "Pomas" - fake Pumas flip flops. I'm going to get some later... prolly after outreach. I also bought some Teddy Ghrams (so YUMMY!) and Bernard & I split a loaf of Cake Bread, a Jar of PB, and some margarine (pronounced marg-er-ene by Bernard) quite tasty. The bread lasted until Monday... and I still have my 1/2 of the PB. (I'm saving some for outreach). Umm.. oh yes, then we went to the internet cafe.. and Mac couldn't hook up to their 3rd laptop station ( a wire coming out of the wall) so I still haven't uploaded pictures.. sorry. but the post below this one has a link to Bernard's pics on facebook.. so that should give you some more!


Sunday, I went to Westside Church in Bend, OR. No, I did not make a secret trip back to the states... I listened to a 180 Podcast.. and Oh, it was gloriously amazing! Then... I can't remember... I did a massive load of laundry and reorganized all of my stuff. Yea, I think that's it. Oh, I was cooking that day. So I did breakfast and lunch (together) and then Supper.

No comments: