Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Busy, busy, dreadfully busy....

Hello One and All! How is life not in Uganda?! Life here has been wonderful! So to finish up where I left off...
Week 4 (part two):
We were supposed to have Coffee Night on Wednesday to fundraise/ raise awareness of the Pader/ Kottomor work, but we lost power, so it happened on Thursday instead. Friday night we had worship night.. it was lots of fun... there were some good songs. Tim & Ryan taught us motions to "Days of Elijah" and they are hilarious!! Saturday afternoon we (10 of us) had planned to walk down to "the Lake" (Victoria) but Emma told us that we couldn't go with out a Staff (there are crocodiles in the lake & he didn't want us to get eaten!) so instead we hiked up the hill.. in 104 degree heat! (now, that may not be entirely accurate... but I'd say it was pretty close to that.. ) the view was spectacular and we got to go through a boarding school and walk around. Then as we were leaving, some guy came and talked to Steve (from Uganda) and we waited for him. Bernard, Ryan & Judith started walking back down the hill because Bernard was cooking supper and needed to be back. Steve came back and told us that the guy he had talked to had had a dream that people from YWAM would come and preach to them. Then they wanted us to come and preach the next morning! We were all a little unsure.. (we had nothing prepared..) but we said we would pray about it. (later steve received a call that this Sunday would not work... so maybe we could come back another time. ) that said we were all relived. Then it rained and several people went out and played in the mud on the volleyball courts.. ( I missed out, but have vowed that next time it rains.. I will SO be there!)

Sunday was the most amazing day ever!! I went to the most amazing church. There are two guys on our DTS who are orphans who grew up in an orphanage just outside of Jinja, Steve & John Mark. They invited us to come to the church that they have at their orphanage.. and boy was it AMAZING! Steve & John Mark basically run most of the service, and so we were invited to go to church with them. OH my GOODNESS. How amazing! I had missed playing with kids so much.. and here were tons of them! We all piled in the car (8 of us!) and drove to church. The minute I got out, I was hugged by like 5 people and heard "muzungu!!" (white person). It was so much fun. Then we went inside (the building wasn't entirely "finished" the walls were mostly open.. but it serves it's purpose!) and prayed and then the service started. Jesus opened my eyes... THIS was why I had come to the other side of the planet.. THIS was why I was in Uganda... THESE kids. THESE Orphans. Wahoo! I was just so overcome with JOY.. I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.. my face actually started to hurt! And then I was just overwhelmed.. to tears... so many orphans... so in need of God's love... and I just wanted to pour out His heart on to each child.. I wanted to take each one, hold them in my arms and declare the love and promises of God over them. I wanted to give them each a big kiss.. and tell them that they have a Father who loves them and has great plans for their lives! Then we went on a tour of the orphanage.. there are a lot of kids there. It's usually about 16-17 kids a room! Oh how amazing. Steve has asked me if I would work with them after DTS, and I am definitely praying about it. The kids were so sweet, they grabbed on to us (Tim & I were the only Muzungus, and thus ridiculously popular) and wouldn't let go. Oh, how precious are these children. (I took lots of photos and will upload them Saturday (we are going to an internet cafe in town with fast internet!) It was the best day in Africa so far!

1 comment:

Step-Mama to 4 said...

Thanks for the update (and note on myspace) lifting you up to Jesus!!!!

Stepho