Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

150 (Ode to a Conclusion)

Dear Conclusion,
I hate writing you.
I Just want to go to sleep.
But you are standing in the way.
What can I say that hasn’t already been said?
In the introduction, of course.
Repetition, repetition, repletion
Man, I am just kidding
Or am I?
I’ll leave that for you to decide
Take it back like counter-clockwise
One hundred and fifty words
Are a lot to demand.
I hate the rehash
I don’t have anything new to say
I’d rather write another paragraph instead
Wouldn’t that be better?
I think so.
Only at 94 or so.
Man, we’ve got a ways to go
Kind of like 6 year olds learning to ask questions
The kids who don’t mind if Wilbur dies: bacon is delicious
But are afraid to read the end because they know
Charlotte’s a goner
And that’s too sad to stand.
Like this conclusion.
Concluded.
Respectfully yours,
KatiRose

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Hmmm... the part about Wilbur and Charlotte reminded me of our fb discussion about missing your face. The extra info about them dreading Charlotte's demise leads me to believe that they would, in fact, have been sad if you had "forgotten" your face in WA after Christmas. My reason behind this theory: You, like Charlotte (and unlike Wilbur), are inedible. :)

I agree that writing conclusions are awful because, after exerting all your mental energy on the actual paper, you are then forced to come up with a creative way to restate your introduction without simply retyping it verbatim. Bleh!

Love you! Miss you!

Laurel said...

Cute!

Just taught Hosanna a few things about "the concluding sentence" this week. She wasn't too excited about it, either. "Huh? You're just restating the introductory sentence?"

I will write a short paragraph, here, however ...

Introductory Sentence:

We MISS our Kati Rose.

Body of Paragraph:

She is WONDERFUL!
She is AMAZING!
She loves all of her little "greek" siblings.
She lives much too far away.

Concluding Sentence,
(which may also be a run-on sentence):

Kati J. is such a BIG part of the BIG D. family that she is MISSED when she is gone, and she lives across the country in Texas, and she can't come home very often, (especially when we need another partner for Hand & Foot).


Love Ya!

Mama :)

Unknown said...

Hello Kati, You have a very nice blog here. You may also appreciate the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless.