Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

"When Lamech had lived 182 years, he had a son. He named him Noah and said, “He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the LORD has cursed. - Genesis 5:28-29

this verse stuck out to me this morning in my reading. In fact I feel as though I've never seen it. Lamech was right, as Noah did bring comfort from the curse, just not how his father envisioned it. The comfort from the curse came through the violent redemption of the Flood. Which got me thinking about why his father said that. And then I was very curious to know what Noah's name means. According to a quick search the name Noah could mean : peaceful, comforter, long-lived, or wanderer. All very cool. Noah was an amazing guy.
It was cool to find this verse as I've started reading the Bible in 90 days. So today I ventured from the fresh, perfect creation to the point where "every thought and imagination of their hearts were continually evil" and then got to see God's redemption plan for even that, as the flood and the rebuilding began. Amazing. God is so faithful. And I love looking at things from His perspective. It brings my heart comfort, to rest in the hands of He who definitely knows what He is doing.

No comments: