Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Omnivores for Mediocrity...

so I have recently realized that after February 1st, I have no plans for this year.... except for the holidays on the calendar and a few weddings i've been invited to...

the funny thing is that every adult I have mentioned that to has responded in the following way "Are you quitting your job?!"

NO.

but to me, my job is not really a plan... it just is. And i am so thankful for it. I love it. And call me crazy, but I really don't believe that I am alive today just so that a company in Bellingham could have another receptionist. I don't believe that this is "what I was created for!" It is in a small part, but I dream of bigger things!

I believe that six months ago. I lived, because God still has work for me to accomplish.

Just because I don't have a specific word on what it is yet, doesn't make it void.

I believe that Christians in general dream too small.

I believe that North Americans dream too small.

A thought came to my mind this week: If FEAR was completely gone from my life, how would I live? what would I do? what would my dreams look like then?"

I believe that God has a plan.
a bigger one than I could imagine.
And if I just trust my Heavenly Father, instead of esoterically trying to pinpoint just how I can claim His promises, but rather TRUST based on how I KNOW Him, then GOOD things will come. Healing. LIfe. Growth. Explosion. Blooming. It will happen.

I don't want apathy to win.

I don't want to live a life of mediocrity.

It will take courage.

which I am still trying to find.

but slowly by slowly, it comes.

DREAM BIG!

4 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Kati... I found your blog on Cassie's sidebar (we met the weekend after Christmas at the D house...).

I just wanted to tell you that this post really encouraged me. Your thought of "If FEAR was completely gone from my life, how would I live? what would I do? what would my dreams look like then?" is similar to what's been rolling around in my head this week. I've been trying to figure out where God is leading me next, and often my fears (or my rationality) get in the way. Thanks for the reminder to DREAM BIG!

It was nice to finally meet you last month!!! Take care!

Laurel said...

I'll be excited to see where the Lord leads you this year!


Mama D.

Lisa Rae said...

Kati Rose. Thank you. I needed that. Funny how, as far apart as WA and OH are, you can still hear my heart beating. Thank you for those admonishments to dream big and to trust God instead of fearing man. Because most of my time is taken up with the second one. And it shouldn't be! So, my dear sister, I'm praying for you and loving you, and missing you in this cold, windy, wonderful place.
See you at home!

catherine said...

you are my sweet helpmate. i miss your heart. and i miss dreaming big with you. please come to the midwest. we have a spare bedroom in our home :)